Thursday, December 11, 2008

Gakar

This is variety of roti. My Grandmother ‘Mai aaji’ used to make this as a brunch at her time. She taught her daughter (my Aai) and from her to me. It is very delicious. You can eat it with any chatney, pickle or just like that………….

Ingredients
Wheat flour – 2 cups
Rava / semolina - 1 cup
Hot Oil – 2 teaspoon
Garlic cloves chopped – 3-4
Pure Ghee – 3-4 Table spoon
Salt to taste.



Procedure
Mix wheat flour, rava salt & hot oil and make very stiff dough. Keep aside for 10 minutes. Now make equal portions of the dough. Roll it like thick roti. Now with knife make small slits to that roti. Put Garlic cloves on it and press it.




Cook on hot tava with lots of pure ghee on both the sides. Press it time to time while cooking. Serve hot with chutney or pickle.

____________________

10 comments:

Meera said...

Wow, I came to your lovely blog from your comment. and what I see, Gakar? I was looking for the recipe for Gaakar from a long time. Can't thank you enough. I will surely try and will let you know. Thanks so much for posting!!

Anonymous said...

Great recipe,will definitely try it. I came to your blog from your comments. I am new to blogging and trying to update my recipes on the net. My site is madscientistskitchen its on blogspot
bye.

NILIMA said...

Hi,
I was also looking for this receipe. But kindly tell me - why garlic is used? Is it only for decoration or something else.

Nilima

Khaugiri said...

Thank you Meera, Archana and Nilima for your comments.
Nilima, Actually we use garlic for its flavour and as we all know garlic is useful for preventing from the common cold and flu. It is a good antibiotic also. Most of our grand mothers were not so studied but they were knowing these type of home remedies very well, Hats off to them.

Meera said...

I am going to try this today. Thanks.

Meera said...

Hey,
I made it over the weekend,and absolutely loved it. My 4 yr old called it Indian Garlic bread!! Thanks for sharing.
One suggestion, if you could display the labels of your posts on your blog, it will be easier to go through the recipes. Just my 2 cents.

नेहा said...

Thanks for posting this .Can we make gakar on hot plate. Or it will require flame to cook properly.

Khaugiri said...

@ NEha, you can make this gakar on hot plate too.

Unknown said...

Hi,
I am Neela Bhide from Nasik -
- Maharashtra - India.

Since looooong I was longing to know the recipe of the " Gakar " !
I never thought that I'll find it on Khaugiri !!! Nice to know that Khaugiri is just like a " Khabu-Club !!! " Right ?

Wow ! Simply wonderful with cute pictures . Just perfect .

I tried it today . Its really like a wonderful food stuff . Best for Brunch . Yammy .....

Thaks a lllllot .....

Neela .

Khaugiri said...

Thanks Neela. Good to see Nasikkar on Khaugiri:) I am also from Nasik. Such comments encourages me to keep on blogging, thanks once again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...