Monday, March 30, 2009

Kakdi Thalpith

Kakdi means Cucumber. This Thalpith is very different from the typical Bhajni Thalpith. Flour used in this thalpith is only whole wheat flour. My MIL taught me this thalpith. Its very good for summer.




Ingredients

Cucumber (Kakdi) -1
Whole wheat flour - 1 cup
Sesame seeds - 1/2 tea spoon
Ajwain - 1/2 tea spoon
Chili powder - 1, 1/2 tea spoon
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tea spoon
Chopped coriander leaves - 1 table spoon (optional)
Oil - 3-4 Table spoon
Salt to taste




Procedure

Wash, peel and grate the cucumber. Add salt, chili powder, Ajwain, sesame seeds, turmeric powder and keep aside for 5 minutes. Now add wheat flour as much the cucumber water can consume. Add flour slowly till it become a soft dough. Spread 1 table spoon oil on the surface of flat frying pan.



Make medium size balls of dough. Keep one of the dough ball in the centre of the pan. Using your palm and fingers flatten the dough into a round even roti. (apply some water to your palm before it.) Make 2-3 holes with the your finger. Add 1-2 drops of oil in each of these holes. Cover the lid and cook for 2 min. Turn the side and roast other side.
Serve hot with curd.






I want to send my this recipe for “JFI- Wheat“ event

9 comments:

Usha said...

This is such an interesting combination, I would love to try this soon !

Pooja said...

This dish is new to me...first time here...u have a nice space..looking yumm....

Neha said...

Nice Thalpith.., i liked the way u rolled it with hands on the pan, n holes, its quite unique..., thanx for sending..

Vani said...

That sounds super-delicious!

Anonymous said...

I have never tried making it. Now I want to...thanks for sharing.

Sonal said...

Hi, I dont remember the blog name or id..i just found that one.. few days back while surfing and when i saw your first post.. varan fal..i realized i had seen that pic some time back in some another blog.. so sorry :( i dnt remember the blog details..but do remember that ..that gal also have ur chiwada in her blog and participated in some event :( .

Khaugiri said...

Thank you so much Sonal.... let me know if you find that blog again.

Deepthi Shankar said...

I must make this .. very new to me .. cucumber always good for summer

Khaugiri said...

All of you Thank you so much for ur lovely comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...