Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Dahi Jeera Butter

From the name, you must have thought that, what a combination? Curd with cumin seeds and Amul butter. But it's not a Amul butter . It's a bakery product just hard like toast but in round shape. Usually we eat this with tea. Last month my parents brought this butter from very famous bakery of Nashik (my hometown) , "Prakash Bakery" for me. This idea of making dahi vada with this jeera butter was taught by my Grand father, "Bhau Ajoba". This is very easy and quick recipe. You must try this Oil free vadas.




Ingredients

Jeera butter - 8-10
Curd - 250 Grams
Sugar - 4 teaspoons
Cumin powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Chat Masala - 1/4 teaspoon
Sev for garnishing
Salt to taste



Procedure

Beat the curd with some water. Add sugar, salt, cumin and coriander powder and mix well. This mixture should be very soft. In a bowl take warm water and deep jeera butter into it from one side. When it becomes slightly soft, deep it from other side till it get soften. Now take the jeera butter on your palm and gently press it with both the hands to remove water from it. Repeat it for remaining jeera butters. Put it in a serving plate. Pour curd over the vadas. Also pour the tamarind chutney and sprinkle chat masala and sev to taste. Garnish with chopped coriander. Serve immediately. If you wish you can pour pudina chutney on it. Instant Dahi vada for summer is ready.

4 comments:

Sunshinemom said...

I first read about these in Sindhi Rasoi, and then I seemed to be seeing them everywhere in Thane! Your chaat looks very tasty:). I liked these butter toasts too!

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

Dahi jeera butter looks appetizing and I am hearing about jeera butter for the first time!!! Have bookmarked your recipe shall make it once I get my hands on jeera butter!!!

Indian Khana said...

Looks so yummy I tot it was dahi bada...looks gud

Preeti Singh said...

Pics reminds me of Indian chat...yuuuuuuuumyyyy....looks wonderfulllll...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...