Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Shepu Dal

I think most of the reader will not agree with me that Shepu (Sowa or Dill) bhaji tastes good. But I like it very much. It is a iron reach vegetable and is easily available in every part of India. It tastes good with any type of Bhakri.


Ingredients
Shepu (Sowa or Dill) - 1 bunch
Yellow Mung dal - 1/4 cup
Chopped garlic cloves - 5-6
Chopped Green chili - 1
Oil - 1 tablespoon
Mustard seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Asafetida (Hing) - A pinch
Salt to taste.

Procedure
Soak Mung dal for half an hour. Separate out leaves from the bunch of shepu. Wash and clean it. Chop it roughly. Heat oil in kadai and put mustard seeds. When it starts spluttering add turmeric powder and asafetida. Then add green chili and garlic. Saute it for a minute. Drain water from Mung dal. Then add chopped shepu and mung dal. Mix it and cover it. Cook it for 7-8 minutes on low flame. When dal and shepu cooked properly then add salt. Saute for 2 minutes. Shepu dal is ready to serve.



My entry for MLLA 15 of Sia and is Initiated by Susan.

4 comments:

Desisoccermom said...

I have to admit, I have no idea what shepu tastes like in a sabzi. But the method looks pretty simple and the nutritious benefits are amazing.

Mayuri said...

I totally agree with you that Shepo bhaji taste good, I too love shepo bhaji and cook it in similar method but also add some grated coconut to it. Sometimes I make it the besan (peet perun) way. Either ways I like shepo bhaji.

lubnakarim06 said...

That's very new to me.....looks yum...r u there on FACEBOOK?

Khaugiri said...

Thanks Lubna!!! I am on Facebook. I searched ur name but there are so many lubna...... pls send me a request :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...