Monday, August 25, 2014

Chocolate Modak For Ganpati Bappa !


Just few days left for Ganesha Festival. So this year I thought that I will post some unique modak recipes for you in advance so that you will also enjoy the new versions of Modak in those 10 days.
As we all are huge fan of chocolates, so last year I offer chocolate modak with Khirapat in it to my bappa.It is very easy and  even kids loves the taste. 
The thing is you will require modak mould for setting the chocolate.



Ingredients

Compound dark chocolate - 500 Gms (I used MORDE brand)

Khirapat/ Panchkhadya - 3-4 tablespoons

Cardamom essence - 1-2 drops

Procedure
There are two methods to melt a chocolate bar. One is to directly melt pieces of bar in a microwave for a minute or so. But I prefer to make it in second method that is double boiler.

For that Boil water in a big vessel.  Keep One pan on it. Now put pieces of dark chocolate bar in it.  Stir in between so that no lumps are left.  When chocolates melt completely add khirapat/ Panchakhadya in it and mix well.

Now pour it in  modak moulds properly. Tap the tray twice so that no air gap remains in chocolates.

 Keep in refrigerator for 15 minutes.  Then demould modaks.  Your Modak Prasad is ready to offer.

GANPATI BAPPA MORAYA!!!

3 comments:

Priya Suresh said...

Cute looking chocolate modaks, too delicious.

Anonymous said...

Hello!

My name is Emilie and I have read your blog and I really liked your recipes! I work for a website called myTaste.in and I would love for you to join us!

www.mytaste.in is a search engine that collects food blogs. We already have over 800 blogs and if you join us you will take benefit from the traffic that we are sending to your blog.

Add our widget and hopefully with your recipes your blog will be on the top of the food blogs list!

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me at info@mytaste.in

To join myTaste, just go to www.mytaste.in/add-your-food-blog

Best regards, Emilie
mytaste.in

Unknown said...

Super chocolaty treat! Hi I have an event at my blog do check out if you can http://shobskitchen.blogspot.in/2014/12/event-giveaway-announcement-2015.html keep Blogging!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...