Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Potato Soup for fasting

Today is Mahashivratri. I think most of the people keep fast on this day. For me fasting means some variety in food. I am tiered of eating same fasting food every time. One day I made this healthy and yummy Indian soup for myself. It's a whole meal and not contains lots of ghee or peanuts like all other fasting food has.


Ingredients

Boiled potato - 1 big

Curd - 2-3 tablespoon

Pure ghee - 1/2 teaspoon

Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon

Green chilli - 1-2

Ginger - 1/2 inch

Sugar - 1/4 teaspoon

Salt as per taste


Procedure
Remove the skin of potato. Cut it into small cubes. Now make a paste of green chilli, 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds and ginger. Now add curd and blend it once again. Then add potato cubes and Blend to a smooth paste in mixer. You can add 1/2 cup of water. Heat ghee in a kadai and add jeera. When the jeera crackles add the blended mixture. Now add sugar and salt .Allow to boil on a very slow flame. When it comes to desired consistency of soup, pour it in soup bowl and serve. If you are too calorie cautious then avoid tadka of ghee. It still tastes awesome. I can say you must try this very new way of enjoying your fasting day.


My try goes to Nivedita's "ONLY ORIGINAL" event which is brain child of Pari.

 


14 comments:

Kurinji said...

Energetic drink....

kurinjikathambam

Reva said...

The drink is lovely and original... hat's off...
Reva

Padmajha said...

Looking at the way how tasty it can turn out, I think i will try it out on feasting days as well :).Thanks for sharing such a tasty recipe.

Indian Khana said...

Potato soup is new for me and looks yum

Hamaree Rasoi said...

nice variety on fasting days

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Priya Suresh said...

Soup looks filling and yummy..

aipi said...

Yum..never had potato soup before..thanks for sharing :)


US Masala

Akila said...

wow never heard of this... really innovative and yummy dear...

Padhu Sankar said...

I love this but call this potato raitha .
yummy!

Pari Vasisht said...

Hi dear,
The soup sounds so simple and yet interesting, my only contribution if I make this will be using saindha salt instead of the normal one.

FOODELICIOUS

Khaugiri said...

Thanks you girls!!!
@ Pari - Good idea....I'll try this next time.
@Padhu - Ya either raita or you can call kadhi :-)

notyet100 said...

soup looks delicious,..and u r right perfect for fasting

Swathi said...

Looks delicious soup love it.

Amarendra said...

Nice faraali recipe.. Your blog is very interesting.. following

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...