Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Gajarachi Kheer (Carrot Kheer)

Already the fresh carrot season is going on here. So every alternate day, there is some variety of carrot in my kitchen. Yesterday we prepared this Kheer. Every time, eating Gajar Halwa is boring; so, I prepared this variety this time which I learnt from my Aai. It is very tasty and you can prepare this in a few minutes. For Kids,it's very beneficial; because, carrots contain Vitamin A, which is useful for good vision. Even your very little babies also can have this. You can serve this chilled Kheer as "Carrot Milk Shake"




Ingredients
Carrots - 250Gms.
Sugar - 150 Gms.
Milk - 500 ml.
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tea spoon
Pure Ghee - 1 Teaspoon

Procedure

Wash, peel & grate the carrots. Heat ghee in a kadai. Add grated carrots in it. Keep lid and let it cook for 2-3 minutes. Now let the cooked carrots get cool. Make a thin paste of these carrots in Mixer. Take a thick bottom vessel and heat it on the flame. Pour the carrot paste into it. Add hot milk and sugar and mix it properly. Let it boil for 2 minutes. Add Cardamom powder and mix it.
Easy & tasty and nutritious Kheer is ready to serve.




I am excited to submit my recipe for these events

Aparna's FIC: Orange event started by Harini of Tongue Ticklers.


Varsha's Recipes For Rest of Us: Dessert event started by Ramki of One Page Cookbook.

6 comments:

Sunshinemom said...

I used to love this kheer a lot but haven't tried a vegan version yet. I love yours. Such a pretty energetic orange!

Usha said...

Hi First time here you have a wonderful blog with some really unique recipes....I loved you amla candy it is so healthy and this gajarachi kheer looks and sounds wonderful, lovely color!

Trupti said...

Hey Preeti, Kheer looks very delicious. I never tried this kheer. Will try soon.
check my blog for 2 wonderful awards.

Neha said...

Quite innovative, n it has such a nice color...

Neeta said...

I will try this its really good

Anonymous said...

I love ur recipe...but I found an exact same recipe copied word by word including the image on http://shantipavbhaji.blogspot.com/2011/03/gajarachi-kheer-carrot-kheer.html.

I think he copied GulPoli, Vada Bhaat as well...check for others.

This guy copied recipes from my blog as well.

I have already filed a complaint at http://www.google.com/support/bin/request.py?contact_type=lr_dmca&product=blogger

I think u should do the same, so that copy cats like these are blocked.

Cheers and Happy Blogging

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...