Monday, May 4, 2009

Shengdana (peanut) Chutney

Dry chutneys plays very important part in Maharashtrian's food. There are varieties of dry chutney like sesame, coconut, dalya……….. But among all of them 'Shengdana (peanut) Chutney' is a queen chutney. It is always been a big part of my life. It can be eaten with roti, paratha, bhakri or bread. My cousin brother, Rohit loves this chutney with curd. His favorite breakfast and lunch in childhood was Da_Cha_Po (Dahi, chutney ani Poli). Really shengdana chutney with curd tastes awesome.



Ingredients
Roasted Peanuts - 1 cup
Red chili powder - 3 teaspoon
Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
Garlic cloves - 2-3 (optional)
Sugar - 1/4 teaspoon (optional)
Salt to taste


Procedure
Take roasted peanuts (I always keep the skin of peanuts as it is ), Red chili powder, Cumin seeds, Garlic cloves , Sugar, Salt in a mixer. Blend it to a coarse powder. Do not make a thin powder. Store in a airtight box. You can store it for a month also. Tikhat Mithachi Puri and shegdana chutney is a best combination to carry while travelling.

3 comments:

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

Wow this podi should come handy when making dosa and idlis sounds easy to make...

lubnakarim06 said...

Oh wow aromatic and yum.....

Cooking with the Joneses said...

Hello, I just found your blog, when I was reading the comments on FUN & FOOD BLOG, I am so pleased I looked, you post lovely recipes & I especially like this peanut chutney. I was thinking about making a pear chutney this weekend. ( I tasted for the 1st time last week) but know I have to make this!
Thank you for sharing...;0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...